Forrest of the trolls

Only 2% of Norway´s landmass is marked by man made constructions, such as roads, houses and industry. The rest, 98% is nature. Over one third of the landmass is forest.

Most common are pine forest and different types of deciduous trees. The east coast have the largest forests, but you will find a consistent belt of forest all a long the coast. The tree line varies from 200 meter on the windy coastline to about 1200 meter in some parts of the inland.